Dear Friends and Supporters,
I am honored to have served as Escondido’s mayor since 2010 and councilman since 2004. The proudest days of my life were when I swore to support and defend the constitution, first as a new citizen, and again as mayor in 2010. Today, I am equally proud to be a candidate to San Diego County Supervisor - District 3.
As Mayor of the largest city in the District, I have delivered on my campaign promises, championed government reform and turned the city around. My significant accomplishments focused on fiscal discipline, smaller government, public safety and economic growth. I will bring the same conservative values to county government. As mayor, I have:
- Balanced our budget every year, turned a $16 million deficit to an $8 million surplus without using reserves or raising taxes. Built a $17 million reserve fund, improving Escondido’s bond rating to AA-.
- Attracted $1 billion in new investments, 1,000 net new businesses that created more than 1,000 new jobs in the last 5 years.
- Reduced government, wasteful spending, improved efficiency and streamlined regulations.
- Implemented pension reform. Hired more Police Officers and efficiently staffed our fire station, saving $1.5 million a year, earning the San Diego Taxpayers Association 2013 Metro Golden Award.
- Reduced crime by 22% in 2014. Escondido enjoys the lowest crime rate since 1980.
- Improved City’s image as an attractive place for business and visitors. Best Life magazine ranked Escondido #49 in the best 100 cities to raise a family.
- Served on San Diego EDC Board and Workforce Development Investment Board for five years.
- Served on North County Transportation District (NCTD) Board for four years.
- Served on San Diego Association of Government (SANDAG) Board, Regional Planning and Transportation Committees for nine years.
- Co-Founded “Innovate78” with the five mayors of North County to build a regional economy.
- Engaged the San Diego community for 28 years and I have received notable civic and business recognitions countywide.
- Served as Chairman of the Board of the Escondido Chamber of Commerce in 2002.
- Had 12 year successful career with IBM in Engineering, Marketing and Management worldwide.
- President and Founder of Pacific West Consulting since 1998.
As your County Supervisor, I will remain strongly committed to our fiscally conservative values and work to create economic prosperity for our businesses and families.
I’m the only candidate in this race who can defeat Dave Roberts. In 2014, I received 60% of the votes with 40% Republican voter registration in a three way race with two Republican candidates. I have been endorsed by more than 100 elected officials, prominent leaders and organizations from San Diego County including Congressmen Duncan Hunter, Congressman Darrell Issa and Former Congressman Brian Bilbray, Senator Bill Morrow and Assemblywoman Marie Waldron.
Click Here to Register to Vote